Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 23, 2013

Divergent: Movie Stills and Gifs

Like Nick posted yesterday, the movie teaser was a short mere 12 seconds. (Now that I think about it, how much speaking happened within 12 seconds?)

Anyways, in case you don't wanna go to the last post,  I'll put it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5zpjpd5Og

I spent quite an amount of time just looking at movie stills and videos for the movie to be released in theaters March 20th of 2014.

1265-DIVERGENT-1265-COVER.jpg
Most  I found were from Entertainment Weekly. The cover of the magazine for June 28 is the one on the side.

Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) are on the front page.

You can see that Tris wearing a red shirt. I think that's up for discussion as well as her pants that are holding knives. Red is for Amity as the main colors go. As for Tris' pants, if I remember correctly, she wasn't doing so well with target training and even Four (let's not reveal his real name for the people that

 haven't read Divergent  yet) doesn't do that.

Now Four looks like a normal Dauntless.

Is Divergent the next Hunger Games? I wouldn't think so. I have read both of the books and loved them both. However, I can't say I like them equally. When I read The Hunger Games, it was totally amazing (as I expected it to) but the fallout began with the beginning of Mockingjay. There is the same adventure but I think without that much bloodiness. It focuses more on the things that Tris goes through. Enough for now.

Look at a parody of the cover I found:




So I found this off of Cinema Blend. (Thanks guys for getting the slowed down version of the trailer.) Like it's mentioned at Cinema Blend and because I kinda noticed this in the trailer, this is the actual proof. The ring of people around Four just fall as he punches one of the people around him. I don't what the point of this is because obviously, it's just a small punch not a round house.





Anywho, I also wanted to look at another fan analyzation from the peeps at www.cityofbonesmovie.com

We can all see what the message is here. Why did Neil Burger cast these three to be Tris, Four, and Jeanine Matthews, respectively?  It says that here Tris is supposed to be 16 but Shailene is already 21. Four, originally 18, is played by Theo, who is 28, acting 4 years below his own age (because the movie is making Four 24 years old—that's weird to read). Jeanine Matthews, I don't know what there is to say. I guess Kate's age should be around right since Tris' dad went to the same school as her, but we still never know Jeanine's age. Thus, making the question mark funny to question and look at.

Hi, this is Nick popping in to say that we can still guess how old Jeanine is. We know that Beatrice's father is the same age as Jeanine. At the beginning of the series, Mr. Prior's oldest child, Caleb, is almost seventeen. We can also gather that since Beatrice's parents are in Abnegation, they did not have their children before they became adults, and probably not before they were about 22/23. We can probably assume that they were not more than 28, as the Abnegation are very efficient people. This puts their probable age when they had Caleb at 23-25. Combine that with Caleb's almost 17 years of age and you have a Jeanine Matthews of 40-42.

Onto the Stills! (Remember, you can click on pictures to enlarge them.)

Everyone going crazy for the Ferris wheel and I've got to say, I was definitely ASDFGHJKL ing the whole time. I wonder how this scene is going to be in the movie.


You can clearly see the tattoos, three ravens, each one representing the family members that Tris left behind. I think that sounded more like a quote. 

This should be the scene where the initiates are training before their one-on-one matches. 

Take a moment to look at the punching bag. Quite the unusual shape, don't you think? Sorry for my immaturity; I just had to do that. 

The way that Four analyzes the punching bag is kinda strange isn't it. But that's minor. He's training the initiates so he's gotta be like that.

Tris' ponytail makes me feel relieved that it's not only my hair that get out of it's hair tie by the end of the day creating some pieces of hair that frame my face. I look at some people and their hair looks as if they fixed it up every single moment that they have! Oh, the horror. 

We didn't get to see much of Eric in the previews that we got either from following people (at least I hope they are people) on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. 

Here's a clear shot of what he looks like! Don't mind the guy on the left, he's just the director. It's totally because he's not important to the film. Of course he's important, he decides how well the movie is going to be and if we're gonna go crazy for it.


This was the first picture to be revealed and it shows where Tris replaced Al as a target for Four to throw knives at. Because you know, Four thinks the perfect way to make a girl fall for you is to throw knives at her and tell her that you'll only go to her funeral if there's cake.

This picture makes people's hearts pound. But there's not really anything to be afraid of as Shailene says at Comic Con, view it here. There was a glass to prevent her from any harm while this was being shot. Whatever didn't hit the target, made it to the glass. I would still say that's a freaky experience.


 "First jumper" Tris. Welcome to Dauntless. So this is where Beatrice Prior from Abnegation makes her jump into Tris Prior of Dauntless. 

All those expecting Dauntless people. Stop bullying! It's not nice! 

If you look closely at the picture, there's Eric (or Max from the book) on the side with one hand over the other.

Be brave. Everything changes from here.








 At this still, you see Tris given her aptitude test by Tori, who supposedly is to have a black blazer on.

Looking from this, I'm thinking that Beatrice's results will be put into a machine through that thing around her head. In the book, students have to drink a serum and have electrodes placed around their head. I guess it's too Sci-Fi  for them to do.

This is probably the part where Tris, Christina, and Al are going to play paintball (?) I see that in the pictures above when Tris and Four go to get the Ferris wheel, Tris' clothes are different. What are we supposed to think of this?

I think that it is safe to say that the Choosing Ceremony is what is pictured right now. I would have thought that maybe it was the aptitude test, but that's kinda ruled out with a) the lady in the picture b) it's an auditorium.

The gray everywhere shows that this is the Abnegation all put together as where other factions stay with their own during the Ceremony.

This still is obviously focused on Caleb and Tris, (I don't think I need to say left to right, now, do I?)


This is Jeanine Matthews, the genius but not the mastermind behind everything as later revealed in the next book.

This crazy lady that we hated is very professional and I would say fit's her role as Jeanine. In this picture Kate is doing well with a black blazer and a blue shirt under. There's that nice touch of Erudite so she's not just wearing Dauntless black.


Here is target practice again, without the knives and with a gun. Dauntless initiation for you. It's very much unlike Abnegation where everyone just does a couple hours of community service and whatnot.

Dauntless is also the faction which creates the most Factionless members. Back to the picture.

As always, Four is trying to look cunning at practice. In the last picture with the punching bags, same expression. Scroll up and look at it if you would like. I personally think that Four had an easier attitude than Theo here.

Tris has both of her eyes open as she aims to shoot the gun in her hand. I think I would have already closed one of my eyes. That's why I'd be dead before I ever made it into Dauntless and got accepted.

I have no freaking idea why Four's wearing a jacket in this. Everyone around him is a tank tops or short sleeves. Is her really that cold? Sorry, bad pun.

You can see two people fighting in the background and another just standing like a douche ready to be hit.

I wonder what the discussion is about. They both seem quite serious. Hey look, it's the signature scowl again!



Yes, leave the climax to the end, Iz. Of course you have to do that.

If anyone remembers that is Al on the right. Two ninja like people are holding Tris back as she's thrashing. What's happening in this still? I really want to see the movie because of this. (Okay, I know. I'm lying. I know what's going on and what will happen. It's still true that I want to see the movie though!)

Is it a betrayal? I think so. What do you people who haven't read the book think?

Signed,
Iz

P.S. This took so  long to write. No kidding. I spent like 4 hours doing the research and then posting all  the stills and links that especially funny gif you saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment