Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Book Review: The Fame Game

I spent most of my day finishing this book, and it's The Fame Game  by Lauren Conrad. Yes, for you fashionista readers (I hardly think that would be humanly possible... Shudder, it just doesn't happen) the designer and author of L.A. Candy  and several fashion books. I keep tags on different books, even if I won't read them.

Book Club: The Fame Game Q&A
I had picked this book up at the library before, read a chapter and almost-a-half before the book was headed back to the library.

So this summer instead of a shopping spree, I had a book spree at the library because I just decided I need more books in my life.


As always, before I start the review, the overall.


Summary: In Hollywood, fame can be found on every corner and behind any door. You just have to know where to look for it. Nineteen-year-old Madison Parker made a name for herself as best frenemy of nice-girl-next-door Jane Roberts on the hot reality show L.A. Candy. Now Madison's ready for her turn in the spotlight and she'll stop at nothing to get it. Sure, she's the star of a new show, but with backstabbing friends and suspicious family members trying to bring her down, Madison has her work cut out for her. Plus, there's a new nice girl in "reality" town—aspiring actress Carmen Price, the daughter of Hollywood royalty—and she's a lot more experienced at playing the fame game... When the camera's start rolling, whose star will shine brighter?

Filled with characters both familiar and new, Lauren Conrad's series about the highs and lows of being famous delivers Hollywood gossip and drama at every turn.

This book series is an accompaniment after L.A. Candy. But, I haven't read L.A. Candy yet and I was digging for this Los Angeles crap called "show biz". I'm all the way in New York so it's kinda a polar opposite.


The Fame Game was a snarky and chic insider on all-things-Hollywood. You get the starlets' point of views in different ways than the norm. Storytelling is as crazy as ever. With your real-life curses.


It zooms in on Madison Parker the most with her confusing family life, Carmen Price with her family of superstars and Kate Hayes, the girl that no one knows, at least not yet. 


There are drama, girls, and "reality" TV. With the new TV show to film, four girls facing the cameras in the city of flashing lights and where names are made, it's how you choose to walk up to the fame or don't. 


I think that the end of the book just makes everyone want to read the next book. The problems are fixed, but the real underlying ones aren't. That's what makes us one of the many readers for gossip magazines. It keeps us hooked on the lives of many people.



SPOILERS!

My favorite character in this story was the down-to-earth person that you just feel relatable to. Kate Hayes, the Youtube star with a viral video. She starts to fit in with the city and cameras are done filming, she stumbles upon Luke Kelly, a star trying to make it big. I think that it was totally well. Paparazzi gets in the way with everything doesn't it? The same went for this. Publicists only want the best for their client and that means the girl that Luke was dating couldn't be Kate. 



END OF SPOILER 

I'm going to end it at that. If you decide to read the book, it's a trilogy. You're going to have to read all of them.

Signed,
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment