Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Book Review: City of Glass

 I finished City of Glass  last night (:P, Nick) and because I finished the book before Nick did, I get to review it as well.

We both went to watch the City of Bones not long before and to those who have not read The Mortal Instruments series yet, I urge you to. The movie might have been very confusing for those that haven't heard of certain terms. Very much like "muggles" from Harry Potter, they use "mundane" which is a real word. I've been agitated for a while know because people are saying it's a made-up word by Cassandra Clare.

For our fellow Shadowhunters out there, I wanted to share something I found online. In a review of the first movie, someone said "master warlock Hodge" now laugh because both you and I know that it is very funny.

Back to the book, City of Glass starts out very slow-- most books. I'm not going to spoil anything. Just get the quick summary that I found online.

Summary: To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters—never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter--that is one word--, Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City—whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of bestselling series the Mortal Instruments.


Like that blurb just told you, there are many secrets to be revealed. I guessed at some of them and -being the awesome person I am- I got the right answer. Somethings Many things that you didn't expect to happen, happen. Believe everything now for a brighter tomorrow. (I have no idea where that came from.) 

Clace (Clary and Jace) shippers out there, here's your book. Feel free to giggle and shout and throw pillows and curse all of the characters.

Sebastian is a new character to this book and I don't want to spoil anything. In an effort to do that, just tell us what you think about him in the comments. 

This book totally made me ship Simon and Isabelle as my OTP. They are like so freaking amazing together. I won't go on and make it a rant.

Valentine's case is lingering over the whole book. You know he's there with the Mortal Cup and Sword. What's left is the Mirror. And everyone knows that he's after it. 

This book was adventure packed --oh, and I forgot to mention Malec. Who doesn't ship them? Speak up, I won't kill you... yet. JK!-- and mystery-filled. It has all the right components that Cassandra Clare does. You have your fill of Shadowhunters, their weapons, and --let me make this clear-- DEMON fighting (not Downworlders). Pentagrams are made for spells and whatnot and blood is very important for rituals.

To all you Twilight people, just give this book a try. There's your triangle, a female protagonist, werewolves, and vampire. 

I'll be gone now! :) (That's a freaky smiley face...)

Signed,
Ivy

1 comment: