Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Quote of the Week – March 2, 2013

I think we'll finally be back on track now that we've limited quotes down to once a week (yeah, we're lazy). So, here's this week's quote: 

"That was the thing about tragedy. It was just sitting there, keeping you company, waiting. And you had absolutely no idea."
  – Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo

Kate DiCamillo was one of my favorite authors when I was younger. I've read Because of Winn-Dixie a million times (even saw the movie). So, when I heard she was writing a new book, I decided to check it out. And it was just like I expected: a lot of craziness mixed in with deep stuff, like this quote. Who would think to put a quote like this in a book for 10 year-olds?

Somaya will (hopefully) be doing the quote next week, and I will (probably not) be posting my Book of the Month for March later today. See you then.

– Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment