Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Review: Roses

Book Review: Roses
Author: G. R. Mannering


I have read this book a while back, and it still sticks out to me because it's really different from all of those highly-named books that I read all of the time.

This book makes you embrace fairytales all over again. But then we aren't really children anymore and that's why there's a dark plot twist, just waiting for you to indulge in.

Roses is all about finding your imperfections and having people give you those glances to make certain that those flaws are actually there. You go through years of how Beauty feels before she reaches Beast and what she's meant to do.

Magic is something that is featured here so there is no need to be afraid of some dull plot line.

I actually won this book off of Goodreads as a giveaway and since I had a whole load of books piled on my desk that I had to read, I gave it to my friend to read first and she said it was amazing. It's a shocker because half of my friends don't like to read and this friend would be judging it against Beauty and the Beast from Disney.

When the book ends, it just leaves you hanging.
I have e-mailed the author and she has told me that there will be a sequel coming out. I also checked today that there was a companion called Buds. For the link to the PDF click here.

So happy reading.

Overall: 8.7/10

Signed,
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment