Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Update!



Well, hey guys there's a new update for your booknerd needs and what-nots.

This year is going to be perfect with all the filming and books being released. I'm going to warn you now, the blog post will be long featuring TMI, Divergent, PJO, THG, and a special something.

The Mortal Instruments

I) City of Heavenly Fire 

by Cassandra Clare
May, 27th, 2014

City of Heavenly FireSummary: Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian—but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance... Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world will change. Who will survive the explosive sixth and final installment of the Mortal Instruments series?

Not the TMI fandom that's for sure.

Seriously who expects us to read through the deaths of six characters that we know by name? It's the last book too. I'm not happy. I am not okay, not one single drop of happiness has reached me.

Sebastian, you evil little... I'm glaring at him. No really.

The sad thing is, I still haven't finished the end of Allegiant, apparently that's even worse.

Anyways, get more info on the book at Cassandra Clare's website here.


II) CoA Movie Postponement

This has been news for a while, but The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes will be likely to be "shelved" since the first movie hadn't been a success.

To make matters worse, the cast might even be replaced in the time that the movie's script is being changed up. I really hope they do stick to the book. 

 I had just got my friend into the TMI fandom and she asked me when the movie was coming out (I know most of this stuff) and I was like "Never, with Sony being a b****"

She still didn't understand what I was saying so I told her the ticket sales for the first movie was not great. We both got seriously depressed because that it what Cassie and the whole fandom does to people. Not kidding.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

I)Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

by Rick Riordan
August 19, 2014
The Lightning ThiefWho's not excited for a book that comes out a day after Percy Jackson's birthday?!?!

I sure am. It's because of some publishing issues that they had to make it a day late, but still pretty significant, isn't it?

What do you think for the art on the cover? I think that everyone but Zeus and Poseidon look okay. I mean really, the film even portrayed them better than this. They are not two fat guys that are shirtless staring down at Percy Jackson.

It's sad that Annabeth isn't on the cover though. (I'm pouting, but you really can't see my face.)

Read more about it here.

II) Blood of Olympus

by Rick Riodan
October 7, 2014

I checked some of the PJO websites on Facebook earlier in the morning and I'm happy to know the book is coming out a day earlier than it was last year. I also don't want to breeze through it because sadly, it's going to be the end of Percy Jackson's adventures that we read of in books -and not if there's a probability short stories.- These series has been there for me all throughout my middle school years so it seems fitting to end when I start high school next school year.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get the front cover of the book although I believe there is a summary. And there is.

 Though the Greek and Roman crew-members of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen—all of them, and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood—the blood of Olympus—in order to wake. The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance. Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it might be able to stop a war between the two camps. The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.


So a little FYI- Rick Riordan has never even watched Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief that was directed by Chris Columbus saying that it would change his perspective in how he saw the characters. (Rick's twitter is @camphalfblood)

It is also a running joke from Uncle Rick's twitter that there is going to be a new movie coming out. One  that the PJO fandom has never heard before. It is named Percy Jackson and the Curse of Titanium.

A fun fact to add to your day. Probably the weirdest ship name ever is Person. Take a guess.... No, not Percabeth, Percico, Perlia... How about Thalia's brother, perhaps, Jason? Percy x Jason. Person. Nice ship name, I prefer Percabeth and Jeyna and then there's Jason/brick fanfictions.


The Hunger Games

Phillip Seymour Hoffman died last Sunday and The Hunger Games fandom is in despair because he made a great, perfect Plutarch Heavensbee.

The director has also said that the movies will continue to make its way to the big screens though. It is this that makes me wonder who the replacement will be for such a major role since the second book of the trilogy.

Oh, before I forget, Peeta is also going to be hijacked in Mockingjay: Part One. Be prepared to see it. Sorry for the spoilers if some of you have not seen it. 

Divergent

I left the exciting, sad, crazy emotional stuff for last. 

I) Four Collection

Veronica Roth had said in the winter of last year that the stories were going to be postponed. They were meant to be going out one at a time early this year or late last year. But then there's always the publisher trying get the better deals out of things.

The Four stories are now going to be a Four Collection bound to be out in July this year. They will be sold in a bundle with the title, Four: A Divergent Collection. Now who's excited? I'm sure that we'll give V the extra time that she needs because we will benefit from a good story. 

Check out the blog itself here.

II)Insurgent filming

Miles Teller, the guy playing Peter in Divergent  bound to release this May 2014 has told everyone that there will be a second movie following the adaptation of Insurgent. It is said that filming for the movie will begin sometime in April of this year. I'm sure a lot of fangirl and booknerds out there are excited as I am. I would've jumped for joy right now if I wasn't sitting in a cozy chair. 


III) Divergent movie trailer

Surely, everyone has seen the new movie trailer now haven't they. In case you haven't here it is. 


What I don't quite understand though is why Tris says 100 years in the past. However, I am comfortable with the way to movie is going to be because Veronica has been with the filming and she's watching over the way the movie is going. 

Any comments on the video?

The Fault in Our Stars

TFiOS was that special something. I lied because Divergent wasn't as crazy, sad, and full of feels as this amazing book was. But hey, that's what you expect from John Green, right? A fandom based on ONE book. 

Sounds impossible, well, Juan Verde can do it. That's not his name but, whatevs. 

The trailer had been released last week, but I never got to put it up so here it is. 



Ansel and Shai are portraying Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace Lancaster, respectively. 

I wonder how it would seem for them to play the roles of Tris and Caleb when they are filming the second movie that Somaya, Nick and me are prone to be seeing on June 6th. I'm happy that it will be a Friday when this movie comes out making it possible for me to see the movie, because it's practically the weekend.

Side Note -to self and everyone else watching the movie: Bring a crap load of tissues. Feels will occur. Haha, imagine John Green putting that before the movie begins as warning?

Well, JG has also said that he is part of the casting in TFiOS. We have seen Patrick already, but Peter Van Houten has yet to appear in the trailer.

Good luck with making your way to the movie theaters and not being killed by other fanpeople.


Signed,
Ivy

So many things are happening this year... *inward sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment